1 to 1 Devices
ICT @ Oberon
In 2023 Oberon is broadening its ICT options for students with the Year 7-9 Compulsory iPad Program being complimented with a Year 10-12 BYOD Program. Below is a range of options that we have selected that would best support your child’s learning. The Year 10-12 BYOD program is completely optional and the devices on display are only a recommendation.
Both programs provide opportunities for innovation and creativity while supporting the excellent academic culture that has already been developed at Oberon High School. See below for what is on offer for both programs:
Year 7 to 9 Compulsory iPad Program:
Two options are being presented in preparation for 2023’s program:
Option A: Bring your own iPad (“iPad Air 3” or above)
Students can bring iPads that they have used at primary school or elsewhere. Protective covers are required and also be sure to have any restrictions or management enrolments removed from previous schools.
Option B: Purchase via JB HiFi Education Solutions
Oberon has partnered with JB HiFi Education Solutions to provide a professional and trusted iPad purchasing solution.
A link to the purchase portal is bellow.
School code: OBERONHS2023
- iPad 9th Gen Wi-Fi / 10.2 / A13 / 64GB / Space Grey – $450*
- iPad 9th Gen Wi-Fi / 10.2 / A12 / 256GB / Space Grey – $654.01 *
- iPad Air 10.9 (5th Gen) / 10.9 / M1 chip / Wi-Fi / 64GB / Space Grey – $843 *
- iPad Air 10.9 (4th Gen) / 10.9 / M1 chip / Wi-Fi / 256GB / Space Grey – $1066 *
(pro models also available on JBhifi Portal )
- Apple Pencil from $126.00
- Apple Pencil (2nd Gen) for iPad Pro 11 /3rd Gen 12.9/Air 4th Gen – $193
- Apple Smart Keyboard Folio (iPad Pro 11 2nd Gen / iPad Air 4th Gen) – $246
iPad Keyboard Recommendations Due To NAPLAN Going Digital
NAPLAN testing will be delivered digitally and students will be required to type their responses to the “Writing” section. We are strongly recommending students have a keyboard with their iPad to familiarise themselves with the skills required for the test conditions. It will be beneficial for students to develop these skills on the device that will be used to administer the test and as well as continuing our focus on handwriting. We intend to give the students opportunities to enhance their typing skills in the lead up to NAPLAN.
Year 10 to 12 Optional BYOD Program:
There will be two possible paths in preparation for the program:
Option A Bring your own device (BYOD)
Students can bring a device that they already own or purchase a new device to meet their needs. NB: This option may limit the scope of support that our school technicians can provide.
Devices must have support for windows 10 or MacOS 64bit operating systems, proxies and enterprise wireless networks.
Option B Purchase through JB Education
Oberon has partnered with JB HiFi Education Solutions to provide a professional and trusted range of devices for purchase. The options are shown below:
- iPad 8th Gen Wi-Fi / 10.2 / A12 / 32GB / Space Grey – $448
- iPad 8th Gen Wi-Fi / 10.2 / A12 / 128GB / Space Grey – $575
- iPad Air 10.9 (4th Gen) / 10.9 / A14 / Wi-Fi / 64GB / Space Grey – $807
- iPad Air 10.9 (4th Gen) / 10.9 / A14 / Wi-Fi / 256GB / Space Grey – $1020 (pro models also available on JBhifi Portal )
- Apple MacBook Air / 13.6-inch / Apple M2 / 8GB / 256GB SSD / Space Grey – $1754. 99
- Apple MacBook Pro / 13.3-inch / Apple M2 / 8GB / 256GB SSD / Space Grey – $1852. 00
- MacBook Pro 14-inch / M1 Pro / 16GB / 512GB / Space Grey – $2763. 00
- Lenovo 500w / 11.6-inch Touch / Intel Pentium N6000 / 8GB / 256GB SSD / Windows 11 Pro National Academic – $826. 00
- Lenovo L13 Yoga G3 / 13.3-inch Touch / Intel i5-1235U / 16GB / 256GB SSD / Pen / Windows 11 Pro National Academic – $1439. 00
- Microsoft Surface Pro 8 / 13 Inch Touch / i5 / 8GB / 128GB / KB + Pen / Platinum / W11Pro / 2YR Advanced Replacement Warranty – $1790. 00
- Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio / 14.4-inch Touch / Intel i5-11300H / 16GB / 256GB SSD / Windows 11 Pro – $2113. 00
JB Education has a credit facility if desired.
School code: OBERONHS2023
If you have any queries, please contact Mr Josh Baker, Assistant Principal on (03) 4241 8000