PARENT INVOLVEMENT & COMMUNICATION
Parents are strongly encouraged to maintain their involvement with their child’s school. There are many opportunities for parents to help or participate in activities at school. Parents are needed to assist in the canteen, be part of the Chaplaincy Group, support the music program and help with second hand uniform and book sales. Parents are welcome to suggest ways they may wish to be involved in Oberon High School.
The Oberon School Council comprises of 15 members; 6 parents, 5 Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) representatives which includes the Principal, and 4 co-opted members. Council meetings are held on a regular basis, usually twice a term.
An important part of the education process is providing feedback and information about the progress of students. Parents are issued with interim reports at the end of term 1 and 3 and detailed reports at the end of term2 and 4. Parents can also request additional progress reports or they are free to contact individual teachers to discuss matters of concern. In special circumstances teachers will contact parents to discuss a student’s progress.
Parent, teacher and student conferences are held after the interim reports have been issued. This allows action to be taken during the semester and ensures that parents are effectively kept in touch with their child’s progress. Informal discussions are invited whenever either party feels that it is necessary.
Each Friday fortnight, a newsletter is distributed outlining coming events, past happenings, student achievement and other matters of interest to parents. Members of the school community may also include notices. To access an electronic copy of the newsletter please click here.
Student Work Planner
It is compulsory for students to purchase a work planner for schoolwork and this work planner is often used as the first line of contact between teachers and parents. Parents are encouraged to write notes or comments in the planner.
House Leaders and Assistants
The House Leader and Assistant House Leader are a vital point of communication between home and school. House teachers work closely with House Leaders to support families. Parents are encouraged to contact these key staff members should they be at all concerned about their son or daughter.
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2018 (4 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2017 (211 downloads)
- Supervision and Duty of Care Policy and Procedures (171 downloads)
- Computer Use Agreement (201 downloads)
- Welfare and Engagement Policy (296 downloads)
- Uniform Policy (239 downloads)
- Student Code of Behavior (421 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (91 downloads)
- Refunds Policy (152 downloads)
- Internet Use Policy (149 downloads)
- Complaints and Concerns Policy (144 downloads)
- Commitment to Child Safety (156 downloads)
- Child Safety Policy (99 downloads)
- Camps Sport & Excursions Fund Policy (138 downloads)
- Assessment Policy (130 downloads)
- Anti Bullying and Anti Harassment Policy (138 downloads)
- Anaphylaxis Management Plan Policy (138 downloads)
- Administration of Medication Policy (127 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2016 (431 downloads)
- Office 365 Information and Consent Form (635 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2015 (402 downloads)
- CSEF Application Form (513 downloads)
- Camps, Sports & Excursions Fund (CSEF) Flyer (342 downloads)
- Enhancement & Scholarship Application (1196 downloads)
- SOUTH WESTERN VICTORIA REGION – PREMPTIVE BUS ROUTE CLOSURES ON DESIGNATED CODE RED DAYS (518 downloads)
- Student & parent/guardian consent for electronic recording &/or publishing (2041 downloads)