PARENT INVOLVEMENT & COMMUNICATION
Parents are strongly encouraged to maintain their involvement with their child’s school. There are many opportunities for parents to help or participate in activities at school. Parents are needed to assist in the canteen, be part of the Chaplaincy Group, support the music program and help with second hand uniform and book sales. Parents are welcome to suggest ways they may wish to be involved in Oberon High School.
The Oberon School Council comprises of 15 members; 6 parents, 5 Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) representatives which includes the Principal, and 4 co-opted members. Council meetings are held on a regular basis, usually twice a term.
An important part of the education process is providing feedback and information regarding the progress of students. Parents are issued with Interim reports at the end of Term 1 and Term 3. Detailed reports that indicate progress against the Victoria Curriculum F-10 are provided at the end of Term 2 and Term 4. Students for whom English is an additional language are assessed against the AusVELS EAL Companion or Victorian Curriculum F-10 EAL achievement standards. VIC Curric F-10 End of semester reports provide feedback to parents about students’ learning progress and achievement in each subject area using a five-point scale, against age level expectations within the Victorian Curriculum F-10.
Parents can also request additional progress reports or they are free to contact individual teachers to discuss matters of concern. In special circumstances teachers will contact parents to discuss a student’s progress.
Parent, teacher and student conferences are held after the interim reports have been issued. This allows action to be taken during the semester and ensures that parents are effectively kept in touch with their child’s progress. Informal discussions are invited whenever either party feels that it is necessary.
Each Friday fortnight, a newsletter is distributed outlining coming events, past happenings, student achievement and other matters of interest to parents. Members of the school community may also include notices. To access an electronic copy of the newsletter please click here.
Student Work Planner
It is compulsory for students to purchase a work planner for schoolwork and this work planner is often used as the first line of contact between teachers and parents. Parents are encouraged to write notes or comments in the planner.
House Leaders and Assistants
The House Leader and Assistant House Leader are a vital point of communication between home and school. House teachers work closely with House Leaders to support families. Parents are encouraged to contact these key staff members should they be at all concerned about their son or daughter.
- Asthma Policy (39 downloads)
- Child Safety & Wellbeing Policy (65 downloads)
- Student Engagement & Wellbeing Policy (68 downloads)
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2021 (139 downloads)
- Statement of Values & School Philosophy (70 downloads)
- Volunteers Policy (40 downloads)
- Visitors Policy (48 downloads)
- Child Safety Code of Conduct (67 downloads)
- Health Care Needs Policy (44 downloads)
- Yard Duty & Supervision Policy (36 downloads)
- First Aid Policy (47 downloads)
- Privacy Collection Notice (30 downloads)
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2020 (248 downloads)
- Parent Contributions Year 12 (88 downloads)
- Parent Contributions Year 11 (160 downloads)
- Parent Contributions Year 10 (199 downloads)
- Parent Contributions Year 9 (186 downloads)
- Parent Contributions Year 8 (201 downloads)
- Parent Contributions Year 7 (413 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (91 downloads)
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2019 (166 downloads)
- ENROLMENT PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT (243 downloads)
- Mobile phones Policy 2020 (313 downloads)
- Personal Accident & Personal Property Insurance Policy (257 downloads)
- Inclusion and Diversity Policy (57 downloads)
- Digital Learning Policy (48 downloads)
- Child Safety Responding & Reporting Obligations Policy & Procedures (54 downloads)
- Attendance Policy (49 downloads)
- Medication Policy (33 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2018 (362 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2017 (465 downloads)
- Supervision and Duty of Care Policy and Procedures (49 downloads)
- Uniform Policy (425 downloads)
- Student Code of Behavior (1035 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (365 downloads)
- Refunds Policy (438 downloads)
- Complaints Policy (50 downloads)
- Commitment to Child Safety (34 downloads)
- Camps & Excursions Policy (52 downloads)
- Assessment Policy (254 downloads)
- Bullying Prevention Policy (84 downloads)
- Anaphylaxis Management Plan Policy (36 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2016 (702 downloads)
- Office 365 Information and Consent Form (1489 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2015 (669 downloads)
- CSEF Application Form (90 downloads)
- Camps, Sports & Excursions Fund (CSEF) Flyer (602 downloads)
- Enhancement & Scholarship Application (1533 downloads)
- SOUTH WESTERN VICTORIA REGION – PREMPTIVE BUS ROUTE CLOSURES ON DESIGNATED CODE RED DAYS (775 downloads)
- Student & parent/guardian consent for electronic recording &/or publishing (2337 downloads)