PARENT INVOLVEMENT & COMMUNICATION
Parents are strongly encouraged to maintain their involvement with their child’s school. There are many opportunities for parents to help or participate in activities at school. Parents are needed to assist in the canteen, be part of the Chaplaincy Group, support the music program and help with second hand uniform and book sales. Parents are welcome to suggest ways they may wish to be involved in Oberon High School.
The Oberon School Council comprises of 15 members; 6 parents, 5 Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) representatives which includes the Principal, and 4 co-opted members. Council meetings are held on a regular basis, usually twice a term.
An important part of the education process is providing feedback and information about the progress of students. Parents are issued with interim reports at the end of term 1 and 3 and detailed reports at the end of term2 and 4. Parents can also request additional progress reports or they are free to contact individual teachers to discuss matters of concern. In special circumstances teachers will contact parents to discuss a student’s progress.
Parent, teacher and student conferences are held after the interim reports have been issued. This allows action to be taken during the semester and ensures that parents are effectively kept in touch with their child’s progress. Informal discussions are invited whenever either party feels that it is necessary.
Each Friday fortnight, a newsletter is distributed outlining coming events, past happenings, student achievement and other matters of interest to parents. Members of the school community may also include notices. To access an electronic copy of the newsletter please click here.
Student Work Planner
It is compulsory for students to purchase a work planner for schoolwork and this work planner is often used as the first line of contact between teachers and parents. Parents are encouraged to write notes or comments in the planner.
House Leaders and Assistants
The House Leader and Assistant House Leader are a vital point of communication between home and school. House teachers work closely with House Leaders to support families. Parents are encouraged to contact these key staff members should they be at all concerned about their son or daughter.
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2020 (45 downloads)
- Year 12 Subject Costs (6 downloads)
- Year 11 Subject Costs (3 downloads)
- Year 10 Subject Costs (4 downloads)
- Year 9 Subject Costs (4 downloads)
- Year 8 Subject Costs (2 downloads)
- Year 7 Subject Costs (4 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (50 downloads)
- Application Form (502 downloads)
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2019 (166 downloads)
- 2020 enhancement (702 downloads)
- ENROLMENT PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT (128 downloads)
- Mobile phones Policy 2020 (143 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (3 downloads)
- Personal Accident & Personal Property Insurance Policy (150 downloads)
- Mobile Phones (192 downloads)
- Inclusion and Diversity Policy (160 downloads)
- First Aid policy and Procedures (137 downloads)
- Digital Technologies Policy (166 downloads)
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Policy and Procedures (193 downloads)
- Attendance Policy (168 downloads)
- Administration of Medication Policy (128 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2018 (279 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2017 (380 downloads)
- Supervision and Duty of Care Policy and Procedures (158 downloads)
- Computer Use Agreement (144 downloads)
- Welfare and Engagement Policy (386 downloads)
- Uniform Policy (229 downloads)
- Student Code of Behavior (496 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (275 downloads)
- Refunds Policy (322 downloads)
- Internet Use Policy (157 downloads)
- Complaints and Concerns Policy (153 downloads)
- Commitment to Child Safety (139 downloads)
- Child Safety Policy (158 downloads)
- Camps Sport & Excursions Fund Policy (334 downloads)
- Assessment Policy (147 downloads)
- Bullying Prevention Policy (199 downloads)
- Anaphylaxis Management Plan Policy (309 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2016 (607 downloads)
- Office 365 Information and Consent Form (1137 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2015 (584 downloads)
- CSEF Application Form (718 downloads)
- Camps, Sports & Excursions Fund (CSEF) Flyer (515 downloads)
- Enhancement & Scholarship Application (1424 downloads)
- SOUTH WESTERN VICTORIA REGION – PREMPTIVE BUS ROUTE CLOSURES ON DESIGNATED CODE RED DAYS (695 downloads)
- Student & parent/guardian consent for electronic recording &/or publishing (2229 downloads)