PARENT INVOLVEMENT & COMMUNICATION
Parents are strongly encouraged to maintain their involvement with their child’s school. There are many opportunities for parents to help or participate in activities at school. Parents are needed to assist in the canteen, be part of the Chaplaincy Group, support the music program and help with second hand uniform and book sales. Parents are welcome to suggest ways they may wish to be involved in Oberon High School.
The Oberon School Council comprises of 15 members; 6 parents, 5 Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) representatives which includes the Principal, and 4 co-opted members. Council meetings are held on a regular basis, usually twice a term.
An important part of the education process is providing feedback and information about the progress of students. Parents are issued with interim reports at the end of term 1 and 3 and detailed reports at the end of term2 and 4. Parents can also request additional progress reports or they are free to contact individual teachers to discuss matters of concern. In special circumstances teachers will contact parents to discuss a student’s progress.
Parent, teacher and student conferences are held after the interim reports have been issued. This allows action to be taken during the semester and ensures that parents are effectively kept in touch with their child’s progress. Informal discussions are invited whenever either party feels that it is necessary.
Each Friday fortnight, a newsletter is distributed outlining coming events, past happenings, student achievement and other matters of interest to parents. Members of the school community may also include notices. To access an electronic copy of the newsletter please click here.
Student Work Planner
It is compulsory for students to purchase a work planner for schoolwork and this work planner is often used as the first line of contact between teachers and parents. Parents are encouraged to write notes or comments in the planner.
House Leaders and Assistants
The House Leader and Assistant House Leader are a vital point of communication between home and school. House teachers work closely with House Leaders to support families. Parents are encouraged to contact these key staff members should they be at all concerned about their son or daughter.
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2020 (120 downloads)
- Year 12 Subject Costs (28 downloads)
- Year 11 Subject Costs (26 downloads)
- Year 10 Subject Costs (26 downloads)
- Year 9 Subject Costs (27 downloads)
- Year 8 Subject Costs (24 downloads)
- Year 7 Subject Costs (40 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (69 downloads)
- Application Form (550 downloads)
- OBERON HIGH SCHOOL - ANNUAL REPORT - 2019 (166 downloads)
- 2020 enhancement (752 downloads)
- ENROLMENT PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT (147 downloads)
- Mobile phones Policy 2020 (187 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (24 downloads)
- Personal Accident & Personal Property Insurance Policy (173 downloads)
- Mobile Phones (224 downloads)
- Inclusion and Diversity Policy (190 downloads)
- First Aid policy and Procedures (156 downloads)
- Digital Technologies Policy (195 downloads)
- Child Safety Responding and Reporting Policy and Procedures (212 downloads)
- Attendance Policy (195 downloads)
- Administration of Medication Policy (144 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2018 (298 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2017 (396 downloads)
- Supervision and Duty of Care Policy and Procedures (175 downloads)
- Computer Use Agreement (163 downloads)
- Welfare and Engagement Policy (449 downloads)
- Uniform Policy (256 downloads)
- Student Code of Behavior (583 downloads)
- Parent Payment Policy (295 downloads)
- Refunds Policy (347 downloads)
- Internet Use Policy (179 downloads)
- Complaints and Concerns Policy (179 downloads)
- Commitment to Child Safety (161 downloads)
- Child Safety Policy (187 downloads)
- Camps Sport & Excursions Fund Policy (351 downloads)
- Assessment Policy (172 downloads)
- Bullying Prevention Policy (222 downloads)
- Anaphylaxis Management Plan Policy (326 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2016 (621 downloads)
- Office 365 Information and Consent Form (1197 downloads)
- Oberon High School - Annual Report - 2015 (596 downloads)
- CSEF Application Form (736 downloads)
- Camps, Sports & Excursions Fund (CSEF) Flyer (530 downloads)
- Enhancement & Scholarship Application (1445 downloads)
- SOUTH WESTERN VICTORIA REGION – PREMPTIVE BUS ROUTE CLOSURES ON DESIGNATED CODE RED DAYS (712 downloads)
- Student & parent/guardian consent for electronic recording &/or publishing (2250 downloads)